Edison Theatre is available for rent to Washington University in St. Louis organizations and student groups as well as non-Washington University organizations. Events at Edison Theatre are often booked 12 months prior to the performances. Availability for the current season is extremely limited.
- Please review the Technical Specifications and Schedule of Rental Fees of the theater to make sure the facility meets the needs of your production. If you are making a rental request for the current season, please check the Edison Calendar of Events for availability.
- Complete the Rental Request Form
- Requests will be reviewed by the Edison Theatre Committee. You will be contacted with seven working days regarding the status of your request.
- Once a request has been approved, a confirmation letter will be sent to schedule a meeting to discuss the specifics of the event.
- At the initial meeting we will discuss the contractual, technical and ticketing needs as well as review the contract terms and conditions, policies and procedures, and rental fees.
- A contract and cost estimate will be drafted. A signed copy will be returned to the operations manager along with the deposit and proof of liability insurance
For rental information for other Washington University venues:
A. E. Hotchner Studio Theatre, contact Ryadah Heiskell at (314) 935-5858
560 Music Center, contact Jeff Griswold at (314) 935-9231
Washington University in St. Louis is fully committed to being a national leader in sustainability, a core priority that runs through all aspects of our community, our operations, and our work as a leading teaching and research institution. Explore how we are addressing climate change and environmental degradation.