|Base Rental Fee:|
|For less than three (3) consecutive days:||$800/day|
|For three (3) or more consecutive days:||$750/day|
|The base rental fee includes: The theater, lobby areas, facility manager, dressing rooms, green room, Marley dance floor, hazer, available sound and projections equipment, and general stage wash lighting (up to 30 lamps, no changes). Facility rental is up to a 10-hour day. Hourly rates apply after 10-hours and are charged at $100.00/hour.|
|Required Staff & Fees:|
|Renter Technical Representative||Provided by Renter|
|Edison Facility Manager||Provided by Edison|
|Ushers*||Provided by Renter|
|* Front-of-house crew sizes and call times are determined by the Edison Theatre Operations Manager.|
|Edison Technical Crew**||$18/person/hour|
|** Technical crew sizes and call times shall be determined by the Edison Theatre Technical Director.
** Crew calls exceeding 40 hours/week shall be paid overtime at time and a half.
|Outside Contract Labor***||$30/person/hour|
|*** Outside Contract Labor shall be utilized when Edison Technical Crew is not available.|
|Sound Engineer (if required)||$30/hour|
|Stage Manager (if required and not provided by renter)||$20/hour|
|Lighting Design (if required and not provided by renter)||$250 flat fee|
|Lighting Package (30 or more lamps)
Includes tech and dress rehearsals and performances
|Steinway 9′ Grand Piano (includes single tuning prior to first day of use)||$180.00 for first day
$60.00 for each additional day
|Edison Theatre Box Office Fees:|
|Edison Theatre encourages all lessees selling tickets to their event to utilize the Edison Theatre Box Office ticketing system.|
|Event Set-up Fee||$75.00|
|Per Ticket Charge||$0.60/ticket|
|Two (2) Box Office Staff for the event||$15/person/hour|
|4 % processing charge applies to all credit card sales (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) and WU Campus Card sales.|
|*Additional costs may apply based on the condition of the theater, dressing rooms, green room, and backstage area.|
|Gargoyle, Shoenberg Gallery, Umrath Hall Set-up/Cleaning Fee||$35/hour|
- Washington University requires all outside lessees provide a Certificate of Insurance for $1,000,000 term general liability insurance for the duration of their stay in Edison.
- An estimate of expenses prepared by the Edison Theatre staff shall be signed by the lessee as part of the rental contract.
- Annually, Edison reserves the right to change charges as it deems appropriate.
- Backstage areas are shared when there is a simultaneous production in the PAD dance and drama studios.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in the Mallinckrodt Center and Edison Theatre.
- Edison Theatre has the sole right to determine who shall/shall not use the Theatre.