Sign up below to become a Volunteer Usher and see shows for FREE!
The Volunteer Ushers are an integral part of the show! Ushers report directly to the House Manager. Responsibilities include creating a WELCOMING and safe environment for all theatre patrons. Edison Theatre presents high quality, professional events and expects the staff, crew, and ushers to promote the same level of quality and professionalism.
- Arrive 1 hour prior to show time and stay through the end of the performance.
- Help the House Manager prepare the theatre and lobby areas for the upcoming performance (stuff programs, straightening theatre, etc.)
- Smile and welcome patrons to Edison or Hotchner Theatre
- Pass out programs, take tickets, and direct patrons to their seats.
- Provide seating assistance to patrons with disabilities and assist with Sennheiser infra-red hearing system.
- Assist late-comers
- Direct patrons to restrooms and help answer questions.
- Enforce house rules prohibiting smoking, flash photography, active cellular phones and food and beverage.
- In case of a fire alarm, aid House Manager with the safe and calm evacuation of patrons from theatre.
- After the performance, straighten up the theatre when the house is clear.
- Dependability. Ushers are expected to work their scheduled performance. If you are unable to attend a performance (sickness, transportation problems, emergency), please call the Box Office at 935-6543.
- Adherence to dress code:
- Clean, conservative black & white clothing; No miniskirts, shorts, t-shirts, jeans, or sneakers. If you are not sure what appropriate dress is, call Bess Moynihan, Production Coordinator 935-2926.
- Black shoes (comfortable)
- Usher name tag
- Strong people skills (friendly, helpful, pleasant)
- Familiarity with Edison and Hotchner Theatres and Mallinckrodt Center
- Last but not least bring a good sense of humor and ENJOY YOURSELF!